By the end of this training program, participants will be able to:
- Gain a solid understanding of HIRARC and its significance in workplace safety and compliance.
- Identify various types of workplace hazards, from physical and chemical to ergonomic and psychosocial.
- Develop practical skills in assessing risks, using risk matrices, likelihood assessments, and consequence evaluations.
- Learn how to prioritize hazards for effective risk management.
- Explore methods for implementing control measures, following the hierarchy of controls.
- Understand the importance of proper documentation and reporting in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Engage in practical exercises and group discussions to apply HIRARC principles to real-world scenarios.
Upon completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Gain a solid understanding of the Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, and Risk Control (HIRARC) methodology and its critical significance in ensuring workplace safety and regulatory compliance
- Identify and categorize various types of workplace hazards, including physical, chemical, ergonomic, and psychosocial hazards, allowing them to create a comprehensive picture of potential risks in the workplace.
- Learn how to use risk matrices to evaluate the likelihood and consequences of identified hazards, enabling them to make informed decisions about risk management.
- Prioritize hazards effectively based on their risk assessments. This skill will enable them to focus resources and efforts on the most critical safety concerns.
- Explore methods for implementing control measures, following the hierarchy of controls. They will understand the importance of choosing and implementing the most effective control measures to reduce or eliminate workplace hazards.
- Understand the importance of proper documentation and reporting in maintaining a safe work environment. They will be able to effectively record and communicate hazard information and incident reports, ensuring transparency and compliance with safety standards.
- Pre- Assessment
- Interactive lectures and presentations
- Group discussions and activities
- Case studies
- Post – Assessment
- Safety Officers and Managers
- Frontline Workers
- HR Personnel
- Health and Safety Committee
- Managers and Executives
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Personnel
- Other related positions